SAS Institute Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Executive - Life Sciences
at SAS Institute Inc.
- Requisition ID
- Visa Sponsorship
- Travel Requirements
SAS is seeking innovative and dedicated individuals to join our growing Health & Life Sciences division as an Account Executive. We are considering candidates with software sales and industry consulting experience selling to the Life Sciences space. The successful candidate will be responsible for sales of SAS solutions and services across their customer's enterprise within in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
Primary responsibilities for this role are to:
- Position and leverage sales opportunities to grow and retain dedicated, strategic customers at all levels within their organization.
- Understand complex business needs of assigned account(s) and qualify types and levels of opportunities in or out accordingly.
- Implement aspects of strategic account management and development.
- Work closely with SAS management and executive teams.
- Create, negotiate and finalize contracts with cross-functional teams.
- Manage customer satisfaction levels and coordinate/delegate value-adding activities.
- Develop a working understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of eight years of experience selling enterprise class software solutions.
- Proven track record of exceeding quota targets in software sales.
- Ability to successfully manage a territory of Life Sciences accounts.
- Ability to be at customer's site(s) 2-3 out of 5 days of the week building rapport and working directly with customer to solve complex business problems.
- Proven track record of delivering multi-year, complex solutions that positively impact customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field.
- Ability to travel 50% or as business needs require.
- Preferred Locations: New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey; Cary, NC also considered.
- Knowledge and fluency of strategic sales techniques to evaluate territory and to develop and implement a successful sales plan.
- Knowledge of enterprise hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Knowledge of Life Sciences, large Pharmaceutical industry technology, terminology, concepts and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to initiate, lead and/or delegate projects.
- Ability to relate technical and business needs of customer to SAS solutions.
- Experience selling software solutions to multiple divisions within Life Sciences accounts.
- Thorough understanding of how to position advanced analytics software solutions in order to solve business problems facing Life Sciences accounts.
- Experience selling competitive software products or similar analytical products.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements above.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.