SCO Family of Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Coordinator/Direct Support Professional
at SCO Family of Services
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 34222
- In collaboration with the RN, ensure that all medical appointments are scheduled in a timely manner and in accordance with regulations.
- Prepare clinical consultation forms for all medical appointments.
- In collaboration with the RN and the Residence Manager, ensure that there is sufficient staff scheduled for each appointment so the appointment can be attended in a timely manner.
- Accompany individuals and/or staff on medical appointments whenever possible.
- Ensure that all medical documentation is reviewed and signed by the RN and/or Residence Manager. File all medical documentation in the individual's medical binder once signed.
- Ensure that all medical appointments are up to date.
- In collaboration with RN, ensure that all individuals' lab work is up to date.
- Ensure that all physician recommendations are documented and implemented.
- Develop weekly/monthly (as determined by the RN and Residence Manager) medical appointment calendarMedication
- Maintain and obtain AMAP certification.
- Ensure that all prescriptions are submitted to ChemRx Pharmacy upon receipt.
- Count/record medications upon delivery; if an AMAP receives the medications, ensure that they have been counted and recorded properly.
- Complete “Client-Specific Sheet” when new medications are delivered.
- Check Medication Cart/Room weekly to ensure there are no expired medications and that there are sufficient medications for a minimum of five (5) days.
- Reorder medications when the supply is insufficient for a minimum of five (5) days.
- Ensure that ChemRx Pharmacy receives all original prescriptions.
- Review and log all control substance; review the log for control substances minimally weekly to ensure compliance and validate count.
- In collaboration with RN, discontinue medications when indicated by prescribing physician.
- Ensure the Medication Room/Cart is clean and orderly, and that all supplies are sufficient.
- Order medical supplies as needed.
- Ensure that all AMAP signatures are on the Medication Administration Record (MAR) prior to the first administration each month; file MAR documentation monthly.
- Preparation of off -site medication (home visits, trips, etc.) and inclusion of documentation of same for individuals in accordance with OPWDD regulations and agency policy and procedures.Documentation
- Assist RN in maintenance of Individuals' medical binders.
- Assist RN in completion of forms: infection control (monthly); medical appointment (monthly); nursing report; resident report (monthly)
- Complete all paperwork as requested by RN, Resident Manager
- Ensure pharmacy review is scheduled and completed quarterly
- Review/monitor Bowel Movement charts daily; report any issues to RN and Manager
- All other duties requested by the RN, Residence Manager/Assistant Residence Manager, Program Coordinator, Program Director
Additional Direct Support Professional Duties
- Assist with the morning routine with individuals: ADL outcomes, making beds, breakfast clean-up, making breakfast as needed and/or requested
- Assist with dinner preparation if all medical coordinator responsibilities are completed
- Assist individuals when they come home from program (e.g., making lunch for the following day, afternoon tooth-brushing, laundry) as needed and/or requested
- Completion of laundry, if all medical coordinator responsibilities are completed
- Food shopping if needed for dinner and if time is available
- High School Diploma/GED
- Comprehensive knowledge of OPWDD regulations
- Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Valid NYS Driver's License
- Computer literate.