Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Operations Support Specialist
at Signature Bank
Added to system:
4/23/19 2:57 PM
Join a winning team! Signature Bank® has been ranked among the Top 10 on Forbes' list of Best Banks in America for six consecutive years!
Signature Bank, member FDIC, is a New York-based full-service commercial bank with private client offices throughout the New York metropolitan area. The Bank’s growing network of private client banking teams serves the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners and senior managers. Signature Bank offers a wide variety of business and personal banking products and services.
IT Operations Support Specialist, Midtown Manhattan
Hours: 10:00AM - 7:00PM (Monday - Friday)
In this position, you will design, administer and support all operational requirements of the Bank’s client facing infrastructure. Design technical solutions for scheduling the creation and transfer of files. Responsibilities include jobs creation and scheduling using Active Batch, systems administration of servers, support and deployment of server based solutions for automation.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day windows batch scheduling operations; work with vendors responsible for operations related automation functions including file transfers and batch processing
- Respond to failed batch jobs and corrects issues for clients, including FTP sign on and network issues; ensure that client’s jobs or reports run correctly and are produced
- Produce daily operations turnover reports summarizing results of scheduled jobs
- Uses basic SQL commands to validate data.
- Document all operations related problems. Analyses cause(s) and formulate solutions to prevent recurrence
- Design, document and implement automation procedures on servers; assess, validate and install new software packages
- Obtain upgrades and security patches for operations/automation systems; use technical expertise to validate, schedule and deploy these changes
- Collects composite system metrics concerning systems performance using manual and automated tools; interpret results and recommend adjustments
- Perform day-to-day administrative functions including back-up verification, database and server monitoring
- Perform Active Directory tasks (i.e. Reset passwords, unlock user accounts).
- Troubleshoot applications (i.e. Microsoft Office, Global protect, Citrix).
- Escalate system issues.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Windows operations; experience executing day to day Windows batch scheduling operations and reporting
- Experience designing solutions to all aspect of operations (i.e. scheduling, file transfer)
- Experience with automation of operations processes, preferably ActiveBatch
- Knowledge of shell or command line scripting
- Automation of operations processes, preferably ActiveBatch.
- File Transfer protocol (FTP) preferably Ipswitch.
- Backup/recovery and disaster recovery experience
- SQL Installation and Backup/Restore experience
- Active Directory experience
- HS Diploma or GED
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocol and ability to interpret network captures
- Understanding of basic SQL commands (SELECT)
- Systems performance monitoring
- Associate's Degree or greater in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related subject
Signature Bank offers a competitive compensation (BONUS PROGRAM), an excellent health benefits package including, 401(k) plan with generous company match, gym reimbursement, pet insurance, tuition reimbursement, award winning wellness program, and much more for qualified employees!
Service is our cornerstone!
View available Careers with Signature at www.signatureny.com/careers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not sponsor work visas
Relocation or interview travel expenses are not available for this role
No Agencies Please
If interested, please submit your resume online. This is the fastest and most reliable way to be considered for any of our positions. Incomplete applications or those missing required information will not be considered.
*Signature Employees – Do NOT use this site. Please apply via the Workday login page or contact Human Resources - Staffing if you have questions.
If you are a Returning Applicant and you are interested in this position, please log in by entering your Email and Password. Next click "Add to My Jobs".