Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Project Executive
We are seeking an Project Executive with experience in leading teams and the management of design, construction and relocation projects in the corporate /commercial sector to join our fast paced and high energy team!
STV | DPM is part of a national, award-winning firm, providing comprehensive Owner’s Representative services to assist clients throughout the entire project process—from definition of need through design, construction, relocation and closeout. We provide these services on a variety of projects in major real estate markets, including Corporate, Academic, Healthcare, High-Tech & R&D, Industrial, Laboratory & Life Science, Non-Profit and Municipal. We hire candidates with strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated industry experience and a desire to join a dynamic team of PM’s offering real personal and professional growth.
STV is a community of over 1,800 professionals comprised of engineers, architects, project managers and energy consultants in 40 offices throughout North America. This diversity provides our clients with resources and expertise in all facets of projects, and our employees with unrivaled career development opportunities.
Scope & Project Types
The Project Executive will lead our efforts in growing and managing our commercial interiors group in New York. This is a leadership level position that will require a mix of business development, client management, recruiting, staff development and project management skills. The main client focus will be commercial office tenants but may also include industrial, life science and other sectors
Project types include interior renovations and additions as well as new ground-up build-to-suits. Our role may involve oversight of all phases of work from site selection, pre-construction planning, budgeting, scheduling, programming, A/E/C team selection, design and construction management, FF&E procurement and installation, equipment planning and move coordination.
STV|DPM acts as a true extension of our client’s staff to deliver their projects on time, on budget, at the quality expected and with zero downtime to their operations.
Responsibilities (Will vary based on individual project requirements and team skills)
- Business Development
- Work with our Business Development director to identify and pursue opportunities
- Actively network in the corporate real estate community including membership and involvement in Corenet and other organizations
- Understand our client’s needs and develop solutions to ensure we are meeting expectations and a high level of satisfaction
- Participation in the business development process including running client presentations, proposal writing and contract negotiations
- Staff Management
- Identify and recruit project management staff
- Oversee project teams, establish goals, develop skills and provide continues feedback
- Project Administration
- Lead project teams, ensure they are meeting client goals and serve as project champion and point of escalation for clients
- Run or participate in regular project meetings, ensure proper documentation and completion of action items
- Develop and manage project budgets and schedules
- Ensure collaborative communication between all team members
- Establish accountability and drive decision making
- Understand and administer STV|DPM contract
- Develop RFP’s, create bid lists, conduct interviews, evaluate proposals and make vendor recommendations for a variety of products and services including design, engineering, construction, furniture, IT/AV/Security/Lab equipment, movers, and other providers
- Planning & Pre-Construction
- Assist in site evaluation, recommendation and selection
- Review work-letters and leases and provide comment
- Establish project budgets and schedules
- Manage the design process through permitting
- Design & Construction
- Oversee design and construction activities and proactively mitigate challenges
- Conduct regular site visits and construction meetings
- Manage budget and schedule and document progress and action items
- Integrate non-construction vendors and services into the construction timeline and activities. This may include specialty equipment, furniture, signage, security, A/V, IT-Technology
- Manage payment requisitions and negotiate change orders
- Relocation & Closeout
- Conduct regular end-user move meetings and vendor team meetings
- Create move phasing and space assignment documents
- Supervision of physical move
- Post move punch list and closeout
- Preparation of project close-out documents including financial reporting and operational documents and manuals
- Leadership and supervisory skills in managing, training and mentoring teams of project managers
- Technical project management skills related to planning, design, construction and/or relocation projects sufficient to ensure success in this position
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Ability to understand client needs and ensure satisfaction
- Extreme attention to detail and sound decision making
- Capability to manage competing demands on multiple client projects simultaneously
- Be able to prioritize and handle challenging projects with minimal supervision
- Comfortable making presentations, managing meetings, and speaking in front of groups
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working between STV|DPM’s offices and multiple client sites. Must have personal transportation
Education & Experience:
- 4-year degree in building construction, engineering, architecture, facilities management or a related field
- Minimum of 15 years of project management and supervisory experience and in overseeing commercial interiors projects in New York City.
- Active industry network including membership in local industry organizations
- Knowledge of local NYC marketplace including relationships with brokers, architects, contractors, furniture dealers and other vendors
- MS Windows, Office and Project experience required; AutoCAD, BIM, Revit, eBuilder, MS Project, Primavera experience a plus
- LEED, CCM, or PMP certification a plus
- Familiarity with building codes and standards
Job Location: New York, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.