Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Electrical Engineer
STV is an award-winning professional firm consistently ranking among the country's top companies in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit sectors. As an employee-owned firm, this success is the direct result of our employees' commitment to innovation and quality.
The STV New York office is currently growing the engineering services offered throughout the North East Region and is seeking a professional Lead Electrical Engineer to join our team in our Buildings & Facilities division! STV, Inc. specializes in the planning, organization, and development of engineering activities for the construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities.
This position is a key staff position and will report directly to the Chief Electrical Engineer. Typical duties will include project management, business development activities, proposal writing, and client management in addition to overseeing all technical aspects of the electrical engineering work product produced in the New York Office.
You will be responsible for planning and conducting work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. The selected candidate will also be responsible for devising new approaches to problems and preparing or modifying drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitoring work for compliance to applicable codes, and accepted engineering practices.
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
Qualified candidates will be experienced in the following:
- Service utility coordination
- Power distribution
- Fire alarm
- Low voltage Infrastructure
- Emergency power systems
- UPS design
- Construction administration
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a Professional Engineer’s license.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience designing electrical systems for the built environment. Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
- Strong working knowledge of building and energy codes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.