Sudler & Hennessey
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sudler & Hennessey
Join Our Evolution!
VMLY&R is a global brand experience agency that harnesses creativity, technology, and culture to create connected brands. The agency is made up of nearly 7,000 employees worldwide with principal offices in Kansas City, New York, London, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney. No matter where we’re located, all of our offices are full of genuine people who connect over inspiring new ideas every day. If you’re ready to make work that brings people together, we might be the place for you.
We believe everything in the universe is fundamentally connected, and we are relentless in our pursuit of uncovering and creating the inspiring connections that draw us all closer together. So, we resist the usual ways of seeing, thinking and doing. We question everything, using data and insights to reimagine the entire connected consumer experience. From this, we create work that brings brands closer to customers, customers closer to communities, and communities closer to the wider world.
VMLY&R was named an “Agency to Watch” on the 2019 Ad Age A-List. We were also named a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant of Global Digital Agencies and a leader in the Forrester Wave for Lead Agencies.
The Medical Editor/Proofreader will be dedicated to IMPRINT Publication Science, a group that is devoted to publications and medical affairs. The work is highly scientific and the group believes medical editors are integral to their success. You will be a core member of the team, responsible for delivering to Program Directors, Medical Directors, et al, within budget and on time, high journalistic quality edited, proofread, and (if required) referenced medical communication materials that are strategically, medically, and scientifically accurate.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Edit and proofread all stages of a project to ensure consistency with AMA, journal, or client style guidelines
- Ensuring high quality (ie, maintain high standard for IMPRINT)
- Correct grammar spelling, syntax, and flow of content
- Check job for consistency of style. Use previously printed pieces as guide
- Maintain and compile Client style guides for each assigned product
- Edit while keeping the original writer’s tone in mind
- Check that reference and footnote sequence are accurate
- Make certain that charts and artwork are accurate (ie, pie charts add up to 100%)
- Identify where and when reprint permissions are necessary and inform Account Coordinator who will request permissions
- Keep abreast of changing industry trends in editing/proofreading style
- Communicate with writers and Program Directors to further enhance content
- Fact-check, research, and edit for clarity as necessary
- Interact effectively with project team to ensure timely delivery and accuracy of all projects
- Keep the team informed of significant editorial issues on any given project
- Meet budget and deadline requirements for each project
- Maintain accurate timesheets
- Knowledge of agency processes and procedures
What You Need to Succeed
- English or science degree
- Knowledge of proofreading symbols
- Prior experience in medical communications, education, or publishing
- Knowledge of AMA style
- Computer experience in word processing programs
- PowerPoint expertise helpful
- Knowledge of Endnote
What We Offer You
- A storied history of building ideas that have stood the test of time
- A comprehensive and competitive benefits package
- A fun, socially aware group of employees
- Access to a wide range of WPP Health & Wellness network resources
- Opportunity to grow within the organization and across the network
VMLY&R Is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by state and/or federal law.