Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, GPS Platform Development (L12)
GPShopper is the leading integrated mobile commerce platform for retailers and brands, with native mobile app solutions that empower retailers to drive customer engagement and loyalty by bridging the digital and physical shopping experience with the use of mobile technologies. Our award-winning native mobile applications - featuring a complete suite of integrations such as commerce, loyalty, payments, personalized marketing and push notifications - are backed by a mobile content management system and reporting tools. Clients include A.C. Moore, Boohoo, BoohooMAN, Crate and Barrel, Foot Locker, Lane Bryant, Nasty Gal, Shoe Carnival, Stadium Goods, Steve Madden, Tillys, True Religion and more.
GPShopper’s apps and platform have been recognized as best-in-class by retail and technology leaders, winning awards from the National Retail Foundation (NRF), Direct Marketing Association (DMA), The Daveys, eTail, W3, The Webbys, AT&T and Intel for excellence in mobile innovation. Forbes recently named GPShopper one of Ten Companies Disrupting Their Industries with Technology. Learn more at www.gpshopper.com.
The GPShopper Platform provides:
Provide an API to mobile apps focused on features aimed at Retailer -> Consumer Applications
- Product Search, Browse, Landing page and Checkout
- Push Notifications
- Store Locator
- Content Delivery (Banners, Images, Offers)
A business focused CMS and APIs for Content Management.
Backend components of features like:
- Product import
- Product reservation system management
- PushNotification management
- Manage an engineering team for developing and support the GPShopper Platform
- Work closely with product to formulate roadmap and implement features/improvements in an agile fashion
- Work with release management to deploy code to all environments
- Technical Degree
- 7+ years of development experience
- 3+ years technical management experience
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to problem solve
- Experience working with APIs
- AWS, Linux and Devops
- Experience with high traffic server side infrastructure
- Modern web development with React
- TDD and CI
- Management of multiple concurrent projects
- Source Control, git
- Databases ( SQL and NoSQL )
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Information Technology
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.