Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Manager in Queens, NY at TemPositions, Inc.
at TemPositions Group
Seeking a Case Manager to assist clients at risk of homelessness and homeless clients through comprehensive support services. Diligent effort to target, engage, and outreach routinely to publicize the availability of the program to make persons at risk aware of Homebase and other available services and program including attending community meetings, community fairs/events.
- Provide case management services, assessment and intake of participants to determine eligibility for services
- Advocate on behalf of program participants to ensure they receive work support services such as EITC, rental assistance, food stamps, Medicaid, subsidized childcare
- Provide guidance to clients in dealing with housing-related issues including developing a list of reliable landlords/brokers for the purpose of finding affordable housing
- Accompany clients to apartment viewings.
- Respond to telephone and walk-in inquires, conduct pre-screenings; provide brief and full services and all related aftercare services.
- Carry a caseload required to meet funding source targets.
- Home and field visit meetings regularly and consistently with clients as per contract.
- Attend weekly supervision.
- Participate in cross-program service reviews that support the planning and coordination of service delivery and service closure.
- Establish and maintain case records including completing progress notes. Ensure all relevant case related information is inputted into case files and corresponding databases.
- Timely, accurate submission of financial assistance requests with the approval of supervisory staff.
- Assist participants with understanding leases, securing utilities, and making moving arrangements.
- Assess the needs of the whole consumer/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
- Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the consumer’s/family’s needs.
- Associates degree with 3 years of experience, a BA with a year of experience or a MS/MA degree in social service-related field required.
- Ability to travel to Brooklyn, Queen, Bronx, NYC and maintain a flexible schedule.
- Experience providing direct services to at-risk populations or individuals/families previously in shelter preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Bilingual skills in Spanish a plus.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Experience supervising interns is a plus.
- Good organizational skills.