The Brooklyn Hospital Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outreach Coordinator / Graphic Dsigner
at The Brooklyn Hospital Center
Job TitleOutreach Coordinator / Graphic Dsigner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills -- written and verbal.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual -- Spanish, French / Creole, Arabic and/or Russian -- Preferred
- Knowledge of maternal/child health programs and services in Brooklyn
- Great presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nutritional Science, Community Nutrition, clinical or Human Nutrition, Dietetics or Foods and Nutrition or Public Health Nutrition, from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Education Department.
- Master's Degree in Public Health - Preferred
- Four (4) years experience as a Nutritionist in a clinical or community setting, of which at least two (2) must be in a WIC Clinic. Supervisory experience highly desirable.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Internet websites.
- Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for client or supervisor.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients and/or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services.
- Prepare notes and instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
- Develop negatives and prints to produce layout photographs, using negative and print developing equipment and tools.
- Photograph layouts, using camera, to make layout prints for supervisors or clients.
- Produce still and animated graphics for on-air and taped portions of television news broadcasts, using electronic video equipment.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Assesses community's need for WIC services. Review and identify unmet needs for target population in specific catchment areas.
- Develops, implement and maintain WIC outreach and marketing. Tailor the marketing strategy to the diverse cultural and linguistic factors reflected in the hospital's catchment area.
- Develops and maintain linkage with schools universities and communities agencies representing WIC services.
- Conducts external activities to reach individuals qualified for WIC.
- Prepares outreach statistical reports as requested, and prepare monthly reports for WIC Director to review before submission to State.
- Participates in WIC staff meetings.
- Participates in Health Fairs for hospital and community services.
- Plans, directs, implements and evaluates the Referral System-Outreach component of the WIC Program.
- Assesses and identify High Risk and Special Needs population within the catchment area and target under-served populations for WIC Outreach efforts.
- Assists Program Director in writing and implementing policies, procedures and staff training for Referral/Outreach component of the program.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the coordination for services with available community services and outreach sections of the Nutrition Services Plan/LACASA.
- Establishes collaborative efforts between WIC and Head Start programs. Develops WIC/Head Start contractual agreement.
- Coordinates WIC activities with The Brooklyn Hospital Center Community Affairs Department, Marketing and Communications, Volunteer Programs, Outpatient Department and Clinics and Institutional Advancement.
- Publicizes the WIC program and hospital services through community events and the local media. Arranges regular WIC Program updates to key groups such as hospital staff who complete WIC forms.
- Distributes, on a regular basis outreach materials to key sites in the catchment area.
- Develops, implements and monitors staff training programs for referral services both for new WIC employees and annual retraining for all WIC staff.
- Establishes a delivery system for up-to-date referral information.
- Supervises all volunteers for outreach related activities.
- Input and document all necessary data in WICSIS to meet Federal and State mandates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.