The Jewish Board
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Work Supervisor
at The Jewish Board
Community Treatment & Support
Position Control #:
The Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services ("The Jewish Board") began over a century ago as a network of volunteers, bringing food and clothing to poor and immigrant Jewish families. Today, The Jewish Board is one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive mental health and social service agencies, providing support and care for individuals and families at every stage of life and of all faiths, races and cultures.
The Jewish Board promotes recovery, resilience and self-sufficiency to over 40,000 New Yorkers annually at over 75 locations throughout the five boroughs and at a 125 acre campus in Westchester. Our mission to provide health and human services to all New Yorkers is built upon the professionalism and compassion of over 3,000 employees, including professional social workers, family therapists, licensed psychologists, and psychiatrists, and a corps of 1,000 dedicated volunteers. Together, we build hope for all New Yorkers.
The Jewish Board’s Community Behavioral Health treatment programs provide compassionate, high quality, evidence-based services to individuals and families in the communities we serve. Our staff use a culturally competent, person centered approach to help individuals and their families develop skills and resources to improve overall functioning, in instill hope and to strengthen resiliency. Our programs work closely with community partners to address health disparities in our neighborhoods while also celebrating the strengths and resilience of our communities.
The Seymour Askin Counseling Center is an OMH, Article 31 licensed outpatient clinic providing outpatient
mental health services to all age groups. We offer a full spectrum of services to address the social and
emotional well-being of all individuals in a safe and nurturing culturally sensitive environment.
The Social Work Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the provision of services, oversight of administrative processes, and clinical supervision of staff.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Supervise clinical staff
- Manage client wait-list and case assignments.
- Oversee new case presentations/case reviews.
- Provide and supervise crisis management.
- Provide clinical and administrative oversight of the day to day needs of the clinic.
- Ensure compliance with Office of Mental Health (OMH) standards.
- Provision of risk assessment, safety planning and management of high risk cases.
- Participate in planning and facilitating staff trainings/meetings as needed.
- Conduct chart audits and complete admission and on-going case utilization reviews.
- Other clinical and administrative duties, as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE
- Two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Strong clinical and administrative skills required.
- Good organizational, team work and communication skills needed.
- Use of an Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Use of Outlook and related Microsoft Office Applications
- Evening coverage up until 9pm one day a week