The Madison Square Garden Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dir Entertainment & Performance Teams
at The Madison Square Garden Company
- Requisition ID
- Functional Area
- Venue Management
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Oversee all day-to-day creative operations of the Knicks City Dancers and Knicks City Kids, including music, costumes, choreography, graphics and lights
- Manage administrative duties related to the Knicks City Dancers and Knicks City Kids, which includes overseeing the budget, payroll, hiring, Human Resources activities, generating and maintaining quality standards, and identifying training needs for the teams.
- Work closely with the VP, Event Presentation to identify specific games and theme nights where entertainment and performances enhance the Event Presentation
- Research celebrities, freelancers and additional external performers to supplement KCD and KCK performances throughout the season, including halftimes and specialty timeouts. Manage the process from concept to execution.
- Develop digital presence and social media content for the Knicks City Kids and Knicks City Dancers
- Extensive dance performance experience as a dancer, teacher, choreographer or producer with strong knowledge of current trends in choreography and music
- Well versed in a significant array of pop culture, music, fashion and entertainment knowledge
- Production experience and an ability to craft performances incorporating a variety of elements including camera shots, lights, special effects and videoboard graphics
- Proven ability to manage a large staff of performers
- Superb communicator who can manage relationships with celebrities
- Ability to work all Knicks home games and external events
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.