The Madison Square Garden Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
New York Knicks Marketing Temp - Weibo
at The Madison Square Garden Company
- Requisition ID
- Functional Area
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
The candidate must have social media experience, have strong knowledge of basketball and the New York Knicks and pop culture to excel in this role. Fluency in speaking, writing, reading Mandarin is a mandatory.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Support Knicks marketing and digital content team as it relates to social content strategy for the China audience, including evaluating and adapting content plan for Weibo, capturing content, repurposing English assets, and creative development for Weibo content to support both Knicks and Knicks players ambitions in the Chinese market.
- Creating and owning Knicks Weibo content strategy and calendar with support from Knicks social team – including branded content, Knicks player content both on and off court, cultural (food, music, fashion) content and leveraging pop culture moments
- Live social coverage of in-season games and key off season events (Lottery, Draft, Summer League, Training Camp)
- Identifying Chinese influencers, both locally and globally, to support Knicks social content initiatives and build affinity towards Knicks and our players
- Liaising with NBA and NBA China representatives to identify digital opportunities for Knicks.
- Assist in the management of Weibo best practice case studies from NBA and other local and global sports leagues to support the above needs
- Weekly reporting on audience growth, engagement and best performing Knicks content
- Supporting Marketing and Marketing Partnerships teams with new business pitches and sales opportunities in the region
- Fluent Mandarin and English speaker and writer
- Fully proficient in Weibo and Tencent platforms, including knowledge of best practices and reporting (and other social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Inside-and-out knowledge of NBA landscape, including performance and stats, industry trends, basketball culture and fan engagement with the NBA and its athletes
- Have a general interest in basketball, sports and both western and Chinese pop-culture and a comprehensive understanding of social media best practices globally
- Ability to multi-task and work both autonomously and within a small team environment
- Proficient in basic computer programs (Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite)
- Strong communication and organizational skills, marketing/social background
- Sports marketing or sports team experience
- Photoshop or InDesign experience preferred
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.