The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Compensation Min
- USD $15.19/Hr.
- Compensation Max
- USD $16.54/Hr.
- Regular Full-Time
The Bookkeeper works on the General Journal, the General Ledger and the trial balance.
The Bookkeeper works with an Assistant to train him/her to perform all bookkeeping functions as needed and in the absence of the Bookkeeper. Under the general supervision of the center director, the Bookkeeper is responsible for maintaining a complete set of records of all financial transactions of the child care center. The Bookkeeper balances books for the preparation of reports to show income, expenses and other items related to bookkeeping of the center’s activities.
- Checks computation of bills.
- Issues all checks for approved bills and payroll.
- Checks deposits, fees collected, and all receipts issued.
- Checks petty cash payments.
- Prepares food claim reports, if required.
- Collects fees, issues receipt and reconciles receipt totals with actual cash collected.
- Prepares bank deposit slips and deposits receipts weekly.
- Posts and summarizes fee cards. Reports weekly to director on fees in arrears.
- Prepares children’s attendance reports.
- Maintains petty cash funds, as follows
- Issues petty cash (when authorizations have been signed by the director or other authorized person)
- Receives from recipient of petty cash the bills and necessary change.
- Enters petty cash expenditures daily in petty cash book.
- Balances petty cash daily.
- Enters receipt of petty cash funds.
- Keeps daily records of staff attendance including vacation and sick leave Balances.
- Acts as receptionist for child care center and answer phone.
- Performs all typing for center, i.e., lists, children’s records, absence notices, late fee notices, permanent equipment requisitions, minutes and agenda for staff meetings, evaluations, menus, reports, etc.
- Does filing and related clerical work.
- Maintains permanent equipment inventory.
- Child Intake Packages
- Child Certification and Recertification
- Staff and Children Tracking
- Performs all other related duties consistent with the above as well as other programmatic duties.
- High School Diploma or Business School Certification with one year of high school bookkeeping courses or six credits of college accounting.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- One-year experience related in Bookkeeping-Family worker.