The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Soup Kitchen Cook (P/T)
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Food Services
- Salary is $13.00/HR
- Regular Part-Time
· Prepare and cook a large volume of food to feed Soup Kitchen participants.
· Provide planning, preparation, service and clean-up for meals.
· Maintain orderly kitchen, including cleaning, inventory, stock and record keeping.
· Provides contact, scheduling and supervision of volunteers for food services programs.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Plan a detailed weekly menu that will include nutritious proportions for soup kitchen participants.
- Record and report statistical information for all meals and services provided.
- Keep records of food temperatures.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as convection oven and commercial stove.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Assist with soup kitchen food inventory control.
- Oversee volunteers for the feeding program, to include maintaining a contact list, and record of all volunteer and service hours.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and other related meetings requested.
- Work cooperatively and in a professional manner with the Corps officers, office staff, volunteers, clients and all members of the public with whom the employee may come into contact with while performing the duties of this position.
- Responsible for signing in and out of the building.
- Other food service related duties as requested by the Corps officer or the Office and Building Administrator
- High school diploma or equivalent (not required but a plus).
- Good verbal and writing communication skills.
- A minimum of a year successful work experience in related field, experience in Food preparation/ service and knowledge of proper food handling and safety.
- The ability to work pleasantly and compassionately with all types of people.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- The ability to perform multiples tasks and to facilitate efficient kitchen and services functions