The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Group Teacher
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Child Care
- On-Call/As Needed
Under the supervision of the educational director of the center, the group teacher shall be Responsible for: WORKING WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE FRAMEWORK OF THE SPONSORING AGENCY of the day care center and carrying out its functions, policies and procedures; observing the schedules in the center and adhering to its established personnel policies and practices.
- To supervise the planning and execution of a program to provide day care for children, which takes account for the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individual child.
- To take responsibility for keeping equipment and material accessible and in good condition to encourage maximum constructive use by the children.
- To take responsibility for removing or reporting any damaged or hazardous equipment to
- the director or other designated person so that necessary action may be taken.
- To take responsibility for planning and supervising an appropriate arrangement of his/her
- own classroom furniture designed to promote optimal program functioning.
- To share in the overall planning for the best use of shared space in relation to the total center program.
- To plan the use of community resources to enrich the educational content of the children’s program.
- To develop a program of sound educational goals appropriate to the age and developmental level of children, which will enable them to make the most of future educational opportunities.
- To share with classroom associates their mutual knowledge and understanding of the
- sponsoring agency and the community which their center serves.
- To take responsibility for the professional growth and development of the classroom
- associates through regularly scheduled individual and classroom group conferences
- based on daily observation of the associates’ performance within the group and their applications of new skills as acquired through training and experience.
- In cooperation with the director, to assist the annual evaluation of the job performance
- of the classroom associates.
- To take responsibility for an equitable sharing among all classroom personnel relating to all areas of the program.
- Developing an appropriate plan by which information concerning the children and program can be shared with the parent, by the Teacher and Associates.
- To attend and participate in-group parent meetings.
- To respect the confidential nature of all information about parents and children.
- Maintaining good working relationships and objective attitudes with other staff members.
- Assuming responsibility for planning and conducting regular group conferences with classroom associates. Encouraging their attendance and participation in workshops and conferences designed to further their professional growth.
- Assuming responsibility for discussing his or her own professional performance objectively in regularly scheduled supervisory conferences with the director. Using these conferences as a source of information and professional guidance.
- Writing keeping, using and sharing with appropriate staff members such records as are required and necessary for the effective administration of the center, the development of the program, work with the individual child and group, students or volunteers.
- Accepting responsible when required for fulfilling the overall administrative function in the director’s absence.
- As assigned consistent with the above.
- The group teacher shall meet the requirements set by the NYSDOH, ACS and the sponsoring agency for the day care center in which he is employed.