The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Summer Ministries Assistant
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Compensation Min
- USD $15.00/Hr.
- Compensation Max
- USD $18.00/Hr.
- Temporary Part-Time
Under the supervision of the Assistant Complex Administrator, the Summer Ministries Assistant will serve in a critical support role to the Corps Officers and a major leadership role within the Brooklyn Brownsville Corps. They will be intimately and integrally involved in the ministry of Corps, including teaching, leading and preaching the Gospel Message. The Summer Ministries Assistant should remain teachable and possess a passion to further the cause of Christ. The ideal candidate should be an individual preparing for entrance to the College for Officer’s Training.
- Attend and contribute to all Department Head, General Staff & Ministry Team Meetings.
- To assist with the oversight of the youth program schedule activities
- To train or mentor youth for occupational endeavors and foster leadership whenever possible.
- To assist with the organization of fundraisers assisting in funding the overall youth ministry
- To provide a suitable atmosphere throughout the Corps, that is in line with Army standards and encourages moderation in behavior, language, etc.
- To bring to the attention of the Corps Officers any problems and or/needs of the Corps, and must keep the Corps Officers informed about activities and prospective ministry opportunities, from the membership.
- To facilitate, in every way possible, the mission of The Salvation Army, at the direction of the Corps Officers.
- Serve as liaison for Star Lake Youth Camp
- Coordinate and communicate with parents and Star Lake staff about all matters pertaining to registration & transportation
- Oversee luggage preparation & transportation arrangements (including driving)
- Assume responsibility for all applications and accuracy
- Work to connect Star Lake Campers with ongoing Corps ministries & Corps Officers
- Serve as leader for Youth Ministries
- Oversee and handle all devotions for Summer Day Camp, in consultation with Director of Community Engagement & GAINS Programming – schedule others to lead as available
- Work to connect Day Campers to other Youth Outreach Programs (Sunbeams, Adventure Corps, Girl Guards)
- Assist with Day Camp program as needed (if available)
- Responsible to develop and oversee weekly “Jesus-In-The-Park” Outreach program
- Responsible to develop and oversee annual Vacation Bible School
- Serve as support for Social Ministries Coordinator (as available)
- Assist with Food Pantry Distribution
- Assist with Food Pantry organization & stocking
- Provide general office support
- Answer phones and receive clients/visitors in main lobby
- Assist Corps Officers with administrative duties, as requested
- Must uphold Biblical standards in personal and professional life, including fiscal support of the Corps Ministry
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Responsible, accountable, respectful, positive role model and be able to follow instructions
- Patient and able to assist children in academic subject areas & music
- Ability to read and write effectively; follow written instructions, adhere to policy and procedure of The Salvation Army
- Coordinate the effective flow of work through the general office for the corps and programs.
- Receive the public on behalf of the Salvation Army and assist by directing to appropriate areas.
- Strong knowledge of computers is required