The Salvation Army National Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teaching Artist (Percussion Teacher)
at The Salvation Army National Corporation
- Job ID
- Compensation Min
- USD $20.00/Hr.
- Compensation Max
- USD $25.00/Hr.
- Temporary Part-Time
Teaching Artists will be responsible for creating a fun, safe, and joyful atmosphere for students to thrive in. They will strive to make each child feel like an asset while communicating the musical and social missions of the program. Evaluations will be conducted by the Director, and professional training will be conducted each year by distinguished outside consultants and other specialists in the field.
Monday – Tuesday 4:00 – 6:00 PM
Wednesday Thursday – 3:00 – 5:00 PM
One Saturday a month - 9:00 AM – Noon
Special Performances when necessary
- Teach music on specific instrument to children (to include all Percussion instruments)
- Teach Music Theory
- Train students to perform on a monthly basis
- Position requires that Teaching Artists are available whenever the Ramone Orchestra classes are scheduled.
- Attend faculty meetings as scheduled
- Assess performance and development of the student through preprinted assessment forms.
- Be available to interact with parents of the children when necessary
- High School Diploma
- Proficient musician
- Knowledgeable about school age children and have experience and/or received training in child/youth development or related field.