Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Cafe Lead, Williamsburg
at TOMS Shoes
- Create an exceptional experience with all supporters.
- Maintain proper cash handling and ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Ensure coffee, tea and espresso drinks are continually tested and always of highest quality.
- Keep café clean and organized.
- Reduce product waste and overages.
- Educate customers and staff on types of coffee, teas and espressos carried.
- Educate customers on alternative milk options to ensure their needs are met.
- Ensure adequate knowledge of café partner offerings inclusive of juice and pastries with the ability to make recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a sense of urgency with helping customers.
- Passionately educates customers on TOMS giving program and the One for One ™ movement on and off the floor.
- Takes a stand as an advocate for TOMS’ values and culture.
- Prepare the store for the day including: replenishing product, cleaning café areas, answering phone and email inquiries, ensures POS and payments systems are operating correctly.
- Responsible and dependable time management, ability to work independently when given a task.
- Extraordinary customer interaction skills, always solution oriented with customers.
- Oversee the quality of all TOMS Roasting Co beverages.
- Regularly hold check-ins with management regarding barista team morale, feedback and quality standards.
- Train all new Baristas upon hire on TOMS beverage and customer service standards.
- Responsible for ordering and replenishing café supplies and product.
- Maintain the successful completion and accuracy of all café checklist (including but not limited to Coffee Rotation Schedule, Opening/Closing checklists and Mid-Shift responsibilities).
- Unpack boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Consistently produce and ensure quality beverages.
- Assist in the café training of baristas.
- Provide constructive feedback to management for more effective workflow and business operations.
- Be recognized within the coffee community as a role model for other cafes.
- Ability to educate supporters and staff on coffee, teas and espresso as well as the TOMS Roasting Co. and our One for One mission.
- Ensures overall cleanliness of café.
- Explains why and how we give and the concept behind storytelling.
- Understands the daily sales and give goals for the café.
- Create a café experience with exceptional customer service.
- Two years café experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50lbs.
- Previous experience with POS systems.
- Knowledge of proper bar cleaning methods including manual espresso equipment.
- Passionate about giving, upbeat, friendly and authentic.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends as business dictates.
- We are a movement – We leverage storytelling to inspire people to connect to our global movement. We create advocacy for this movement in every interaction with our customers, partners, and employees.
- We will be Entrepreneurial – We are curious and innovative. We allow ourselves the space to fail. We can be successful by taking a scrappy approach to business.
- We expect a lot from each other – Collaboration across boundaries and borders is required in order to achieve our common goals. Leading with authenticity and humility will be needed. We work, give, and succeed as a team while also having fun.
- We are committed to a long term vision – We do not allow short-term gains to compromise our goals of making a lasting impact.
TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.