T.Y. Lin International Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Inspector - Architectural
at T.Y. Lin International Group
- Req No.
- Construction/Field Inspection
T.Y. Lin International is looking for a Construction Inspector for a major, high visibility transit project in Manhattan. The inspector will provide inspection and documentation to the Resident Engineer on-site, and assist in record keeping in accordance with New York City Transit requirements.
- Support the Senior Inspector on the project in documenting construction activity related transit station rehabilitation.
- Assist in monitoring construction contractor activity related to the installation of components, fixtures and architectural finishes in transit stations.
- Monitor adherence to approved plans and specification
- Make a thorough record of the work observed by completing and submitting a Daily Construction Report in accordance with client procedures.
- Interface with the construction work force, primarily with foremen and field supers. When necessary, point out conditions that may lead to unsatisfactory work, maintaining at all times a professional and courteous manner;
- Monitor Contractor compliance with the Contractor’s Safety and Health Plan and with specific Safe Work Plans.
- Monitor and ensure Contractor’s compliance with the approved Contractor’s Quality Plan in coordination with Quality specialists on-site including Contractor’s, CCM, and NYCT representatives.
- Identify deficient contractor work, monitor and verify that the Contractor effectively corrects deficient work.
- Monitor and verify the production by the Contractor of a manually marked up “As-Built” drawihttps://tylin.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppProfileEdit&action=switchEditTab&hashed=651799015&type=next#!ng set. Subsequently participate in review of the finalized Record Drawings submitted by the Contractor.
- Contribute information for daily manpower, materials, and equipment report, and weekly progress summary including photos. Contribute information for other reports such as Monthly Technical and Progress reports summarizing activities of the Contractor and of the RE organization
- Observe independent testing and monitor instrumentation readings
At least two years of experience working on construction projects in construction inspection and daily report writing preferred;
- OSHA 30-hour safety course- preferred
- a valid NICET Level II certification –preferred or
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Architecture or closely related field
- Experience with NYCT or other local transit agencies a plus.
- Experience with inspection of general construction finishes a plus.