Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer F/T High End _Credentialer
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Government Services
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Morning, Overnight
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! ?You too can start with little, to no security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories. We have great part-time and flexible schedules! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 150,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients’ success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value, and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions…Allied Universal is there for you.
Allied Universal is in need of Security Professionals with prior logistics and/or loading dock experience to track vendors for an Iconic Client located in lower Manhattan.
- Military and or Security Experience preferred in a loading dock setting and/or logistics tracking
- Tracking and monitoring of vendor flow of traffice utilizing a computerized tracking system
- Monitoring vendor ids against the pre-registration of license, vehicle, etc.
This position is responsible for verifying the validity of vehicles and drivers at the WTC complex. These Credentialing staff perform a number of logistics functions, including administering the site vehicle scheduling program (VS3) and confirming proper credentials for vehicles entering the site. Credentialers “check-in” vehicles and drivers as they arrive at the WTC site using information provided in advance from the admin/data entry staff. The prime function of the credentialers is to assume a customer service / concierge role; greeting drivers as they arrive at the site and assisting in the smooth and orderly processing of vehicles into the
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Credentialers will greet the driver of the vehicle they wish to check in and request their driver’s license
- Credentialers will scan the driver’s license using a handheld device.
- Credentialers will use the handheld device to check that the driver and vehicle are on the Site-wide vehicle schedule.
- If vehicle/driver are scheduled, Credentialers will allow the vehicle to proceed onto the screening process. If the vehicle/driver are not scheduled or any other anomalies occur, credentialers will follow a standard operating procedure provided by Credentialing Manager and Owner to reconcile the conflict and/or send away the vehicle.
- Credentialers will be required to communicate and work hand-in-hand with other agencies operating at the site. Law enforcement and security personnel will be responsible for vetting and screening vehicles on street and within the VSC and North Helix.
- Credentialers shall always defer to law enforcement should questions arise as to the validity of allowing a driver or vehicle into the WTC.
- Credentialers shall make every effort possible to resolve scheduling conflicts for
- drivers or vehicles in the field before sending them away using a standard operating procedure provided by the Credentialing Manager and Owner. These standard operating procedures could include, but are not limited to, coordinating with designated tenant or stakeholder representatives to reconcile minor scheduling errors or mishaps, and/or coordinating with drivers to reconcile any minor and unexpected issues like an unexpected passenger or a replacement vehicle.
- Credentialers assigned to the 30th Street reconciliation area shall make every effort possible to resolve scheduling conflicts for drivers or vehicles in the field before sending them away using a standard operating procedure provided by the Credentialing Manager and Owner. These standard operating procedures could include, but are not limited to, coordinating with designated tenant or stakeholder representatives to reconcile minor scheduling errors or mishaps, and/or coordinating with drivers to reconcile any minor and unexpected issues like an unexpected passenger or a replacement vehicle. Additionally, credentialers assigned to the 30th Street reconciliation area shall have additional communication with stakeholders, loading dock attendants, and vendors to resolve scheduling and other conflicts.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required, with minimum two-year degree or professional certification highly desired
- Experience in customer service/concierge roles preferred
- Experience utilizing technology related to verification of deliveries such as VS3 preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must be able to work in inclement weather in all seasons and around various types of vehicles adjacent to busy vehicular roadways.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple visitors with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.