Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Level IT Support Specialist
at Velocity Staff
- # Positions
Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client located in Manhattan, NY to identify a Senior Level IT Support Specialist to join their team. The IT Support Specialist will support mutltiple sites and act as technical support specialist for systems supporting Remote Services (Wintel, Unix, VMWare, Storage, backup, print, network and telecom services) as well as desk side break/fix troubleshooting and support.
- Provide expert remote desktop support and basic server, telecommunication and network services with particular focus on service delivery, technical excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Drive to meet or exceed organizational goals for quality, cost per contact, customer satisfaction, first contact resolution and service availability.
- Participate in engagements that have a strong business and technology focus.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills to provide onsite technical support focusing on strong listening skills to gain an accurate understanding of the situation, displaying a sense of urgency to resolve customer issues.
- Provide expert remote support for desktops, printers, mobile devices, telephones, network devices and server administration.
- Ensure root cause analysis is performed in accordance with company policies and standards.
- Produce accurate documentation at the client and incident level.
- Constantly drive for process improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of eduction and experience within the Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Technology Related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience working with Remote Desktop support and basic troubleshooting and support experience with server, telecommunications and network support are required.
- Preference for candidates with industry certifications including MTA, CampTIA A+, CCNA and/or MCTS/MCP Windows 7 or above.
- Adept in working with A/V equipment (Crestron, Cisco, Apple TV) essential as well as experience working hands on with internal and external users while in the office.
- Basic administrative experience with Windows Server 2008R2 or greater or Windows Active Directory.
- Experience supporting Windows desktops Win 7 or greater.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS, IOS mobile devices and Cisco Call Manager.
*A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.