Veolia North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Intelligence Analyst
at Veolia North America
An exciting opportunity is available immediately on our Technical & Performance Team in North America. Our team is focused on driving efficiency and growth initiatives across all our corporate functions and services. We work hand-in-hand with our operations teams to identify and implement opportunities for performance improvements. The key to our success is the combination of strong analytics, a comprehensive approach to performance transformation and regular application of change management principles.
As a member of our Business Intelligence Team, you will be supporting a wide range of operational and technical performance improvement projects for municipal and industrial water utility operations, hazardous waste management, district energy and building energy services, business support functions and more.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for development of reports and visualizations supporting Veolia’s technical and performance projects and will be responsible for data discovery, ad hoc analysis and building analytic models. You can expect to receive mentoring from all levels of the organization and have many opportunities to learn broader business and consulting skills such as large-scale program management, change management, and performance transformation.
The following are specific responsibilities for the role:
- Participate on BI development efforts in the design, implementation, troubleshooting and use of BI software tools and systems that support performance improvement projects, that may include Web Focus, Tableau, Salesforce, Tidemark and other tools sets.
- Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, KPIs, and business uses of data to provide clear data visualizations and analysis that quantify and model performance improvements.
- Synthesize information across a variety of sources to drive meaningful insights and make actionable recommendations to our business stakeholders.
- Proactively participate in requirements and prototyping sessions regarding performance improvement projects.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials and/or provide technical support, dashboard development and report writing as requested by our business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide continual improvement in business intelligence that helps to drive consistency in reporting and analysis across the company.
At Veolia North America, we offer our customers a wide range of environmental solutions and help address their environmental and sustainability challenges. By blending our innovative business model with our employee’s skills in operations, engineering, and technology, we are able to supply our customers with the complete package. Our services encompass three areas: energy, water, and waste. At Veolia, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions – we are dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection, and a better quality of life!
Veolia is a dynamic and rewarding place to work – our management team values and recognizes the unique talents and potential of all employees. In addition, we offer our employees excellent rewards and a dynamic, professional work environment. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee matched 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, paid time off for vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Veolia North America Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field (e.g. Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Computer Science).
- 4 years of working experience in reporting and analysis.
- Knowledge of financial and data reporting principles.
- Experience with BI tools such as Web Focus, Salesforce, Tableau or other industry leading BI tools.
- Experience in reporting techniques such as drill-through, cross-tabs, summary reports, scheduled reports and on-demand reports.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge and experience in SQL.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies like Waterfall and Agile, including issue/workflow tracking tools like Jira and Trello.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required. Must be comfortable manipulating complex data, evaluating complex issues such as large operational and financial datasets and pragmatic structuring and solving of ambiguous problems.
- An analytical person who is open-minded and able to take a non-conventional approach to problem solving where precedent may not exist.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity and drive to succeed.
- Ability to understand operational processes and drive continuous improvement.
- Able to communicate complex ideas and analytical concepts clearly both in written and verbal formats to people from other fields
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop rapport and credibility with people at all organizational levels, and form strong relationships, internally with colleagues, and externally with stakeholders.
- Interest in visiting client locations when needed.
- Must possess strong time management skills and have a demonstrated ability to work in both team (often virtually) and independent settings.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-pace, ambiguous, and constantly evolving environment.
- Quick to learn new technologies and blend technical solutions to fit business needs.