Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Digital Business Development - Content Distribution
at Viacom Inc.
- Job Locations
- US-NY-New York
- iCIMS ID
Overview and Responsibilities
The Viacom Media Networks’ Digital Business Development group is a centralized team that forges and cultivates partnerships that drive awareness, viewership and monetization of Viacom programming and brands on digital and social platforms. The team seeks out new partnerships and maintains existing partnerships with social media platforms, mobile and OTT platforms, and other platforms for distribution of digital content. We are currently seeking a Director.
Reporting to the VP, Digital Business Development, the Director will be responsible for identifying, securing and maintaining partnerships for ad-supported video and new media content including social media platforms, destination portals, application platforms and other emerging digital partners, as well as managing ongoing relationships with such partners. As part of both Viacom’s Distribution and Business Development division, and Viacom’s Digital Studio, the role will require close partnership with internal groups (Marketing Strategy & Engagement, Ad Sales, Programming, Brand Consumer Marketing, Product, Corporate Development, Business and Legal Affairs) to create and execute initiatives to enhance distribution and drive reach and revenue.
- Identify, develop and pursue new digital distribution opportunities
- Collaborate with team leadership and internal stakeholders to structure deal terms, negotiate and manage deals with existing and new partners
- Support day to day internal operations for large & evolving external Partners – including operationalizing closed deals, communicating product updates, coordinating large business review meetings, and troubleshooting platform issues
- Develop and maintain relationships at current and potential partners
- Mentor manager-level and coordinator-level members of the team
- Collaborate with team leadership to seek input from numerous key stakeholders and ensure that all constituents are briefed on partnerships as they are being cultivated, and as they grow and evolve
- Develop subject-matter expertise on the digital ecosystem, guiding the creation of internal POVs on potential partners and opportunities
- Evaluate and provide strategic perspective on new technologies, trends, business models and opportunities, and lead the team in the creation of work product to support the company in learning about new models
- 5-7 years of experiences working in digital ad sales, digital buying/planning, or similar roles in the digital advertising/content space
- 2+ years of experience working in media business development or digital distribution role
- Bachelor’s degree required, JD or MBA preferred
- Optimal to have pre-existing relationships with key digital/social platforms; relationships with the start-up and venture capital community a plus
- Demonstrated expertise within the digital media landscape; general understanding of technical backend of digital landscape
- Strong understanding of the advertising business, in particular on digital platforms (e.g., ad serving technologies, sales strategies and key performance metrics, etc.)
- Self-starter who will aggressively advance the team’s business goals
- Proven management skills
- Strong negotiation & contract skills a must
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically while handling complex issues
- Exceptional people skills – including written and communications skills required to build and maintain excellent client & internal relationships
- Outstanding interpersonal capabilities and ability to interface with all levels of an organization and navigate various dynamics
- Excellent ability to organize, synthesize, and present information