Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Standard Weekly Hours:
VillageCare – Redefining Wellness
112 Charles St., New York, NY
Job Title: Data Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
The VillageCare Data Engineer will be responsible for helping to build ETL processes for Village Care’s Data Warehouse in an AWS cloud environment. The Data Engineer will build ETL pipelines, get analysis tools working properly, and stand up core data processing components in Village Care’s cloud-based data processing environment.
Building python-based ETL jobs
- Light web application development of purpose-built internal tools
- Technical guidance in support of our project management team when defining the scope of data integration projects
- Contribute to designs of new components in modeling and data pipelines
- Remain current on emerging open source data processing projects and tools
- Must have experience with AWS services, Redshift data bases and HIPAA compliant architecture models.
- Three or more years of experience working with *nix-based, open source data processing tools
- Fluent in Python, SQL, Spark, Hadoop, AirFlow and/or similar technologies/toolsets
- Two or more years of experience developing production ETL applications
- Four or more years of experience in software development
- Three or more years of experience with SQL
- Curious, informed and opinionated about data processing technologies
- Experience with structured and unstructured data storage and modeling
- Deep understanding of database and filesystem storage/access
- Experience with various data engineering architecture patterns
- Interest in Data Science and Data Analysis
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Experience writing production Python
- Implementation experience with Airflow, Python, Spark etc.
- Experience with healthcare data formats (x12 EDI, HL7, etc)
- Experience implementing stream processing pipelines (Spark, etc)
- MapReduce/Hadoop ecosystem experience (Hive, HDFS/S3, Presto)
- Experience with source control technology like Git
- Experience with testing frameworks (unit and end-to-end)
- Familiar with the usage of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment frameworks in AWS like Jenkins, CircleCI, Code deploy and code commit
- Understanding of Docker implementation in AWS
- Understanding of AWS serverless services like Lambda/API gateway
- Good to have: AWS elastic beanstalk, AWS cloud formation
You are a team member who serves as a positive example and reflection of why others trust the intentions of VillageCare by:
Being honest and trustworthy
Meeting your commitments and obligations
Acknowledging your role in actions or events with unsatisfactory outcomes
Customer Focus/Cultural Awareness
You are a team member who understands the importance of strong customer service internally and externally and you demonstrate this by identifying customer needs and expectations, and responding to them in a timely and effective manner. You are consistently customer focused by:
Demonstrating an awareness of the needs of individuals through recognizing multiple levels of connections
Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer.
Keeping customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquires
You are a team member who adjusts quickly and effectively to changing conditions and demands. You understand that change is a necessary and an inevitable aspect of organizational life as well as an opportunity to learn new things. As such, you are flexible and agile by:
Maintaining a positive view of potentially stressful situations
Accepting and adapting to organizational or departmental changes
Viewing change as opportunities for VillageCare to grow in a direction that better serves our clients and our employees
Result Oriented/Innovative Thinking
You are a team member who consistently looks for new and innovative approaches that will improve efficiency in your role. You champion new ideas and build upon existing processes by:
Using data/fact-based information to make decisions relevant your role
Understands that obstacles will occur and refuses to use them as an excuse for not achieving results
You are a team member that consistently supports VillageCare’s larger organizational culture by displaying a commitment to the three cultural drivers that make VillageCare and our employees vital to the healthcare space by:
Exceeding expectations in both internal and external customer service areas
Using data and key information to inform decisions pertinent to your role (where applicable)
Utilizing relationships, tools and positivity to enhance organizational performance through communication and collaborative team work
VillageCare is committed to superior outcomes in quality health care. Do you share a common commitment to* patient care, customer service and passion *for individuals’ well-being ?
With over 25,000 people served in 2017, VillageCare’s mission is to promote healing, better health and well-being to the fullest extent possible.
VillageCare began in 1977 as a project by community volunteers to rescue and reorganize a for-profit nursing home slated for closure. It has become a much larger organization that provides post-acute care, community-based services and managed long-term care. As a result of this history, VillageCare has become a valued resource for the people we serve, their caregivers and other provider organizations with which we partner.
VillageCare is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
VillageCare is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
* EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans*