Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager 3
The position(s) described here are for Option Care (previously known as Walgreens Infusion Services), a former subsidiary of Walgreen Co. (Walgreens). Option Care became a new independent, privately-held company on 4/7/2015 following the acquisition of a majority interest in the company by Madison Dearborn Partners, a leading private equity firm based in Chicago. Walgreens will retain a significant minority interest in the new company and will have representatives on the company’s board of directors. As such, Walgreens will continue to have a role in ensuring the future success of the new company.
Job Duties Include: Manages, directs and ensures all lines of business for the office operate cost-effectively, efficiently and within the standards established by Walgreens policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Program and other established rules and regulations governing the Healthcare industry. Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual established revenue growth, clinical and service standards of performance, cash flow and profit contribution goals and delivers a high degree of both internal and external customer satisfaction. Builds a cohesive, service-oriented, multidisciplinary team through recruitment and retention of qualified individuals, training and professional development of personnel and ensuring performance evaluations / annual reviews are current and reflect realistic challenging goals and objectives.
Manages and works closely with the Department Managers to ensure the growth and success of the Walgreens sites by ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of quality products and service, developing and implementing personnel management programs, participating with the Regional Sales Manager in the development and management of Marketing and Sales Plans and Programs, and ensuring profitability of the sites. Builds a cohesive, service-oriented, multidisciplinary team through recruitment and retention of qualified individuals, training and professional development of personnel and ensuring performance evaluations / annual reviews are current and reflect realistic challenging goals and objectives.
Develops, implements, oversees and analyzes the budget, ensuring compliance with budgeted expenses, achievement of budgeted financial goals and completion of MBOs. Works with Department Managers to develop and implement ideas for delivering higher quality, more cost-effective service. Works with the RVP to monitor and report on budget and service performance goals, strategic business plan development and status of local competition in the market place. Ensures compliance with local and federal regulations, accreditation standards and corporate policies and procedures. Maintains a work environment in which staff will succeed and grow in their professional development, which upholds all labor laws and regulations and which contributes to the growth and success of Walgreens. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience in a qualified position or HS diploma or GED and at least 8 years of experience in a qualified position.
- Prior experience indirectly or directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work, including, assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Willing to travel at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration.
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration.
- At least 3 years of experience in alternate site infusion therapy.
- At least 3 years of experience in a Home Healthcare business, preferably home infusion.
- At least 3 years of experience directly or indirectly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Prior experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expenses and capital budgets.