Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Designer, Senior
at Zebra Corp
- Job ID
The Innovation & Design Group within Zebra Technologies is an internationally award-winning global design team focused on delivering compelling physical product design solutions and performance-based user experiences for enterprise markets. As part of this cross functional team of designers and researchers, you will be challenged to envision new high-performance technology products that solve highly complex business problems; and have the opportunity to carry these solutions into high-volume production.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys collaborating with fellow designers, engineers and product management teams. You will be developing solutions and products for industry leading enterprise mobile computers, printers, and data capture solutions.
As a Senior Industrial Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Interpreting requirements and understanding user/customer needs, envisioning concepts, problem solving and developing CAD databases for production.
- Design development from concept through production, ensuring the integrity of your design vision is maintained.
- Work with global cross-functional teams to help create the vision, prototype and validate design intent while guiding the development team on user-centered design principles.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, MS is a plus.
- Minimum 6 years of experience.
- 6-10 years of related industry experience in consumer electronics, commercial or industrial products.
- Showcase strong portfolio with deep design thought process, design skills and presentation.
- Strong understanding of mechanical, manufacturing and production methodologies
- Proficient at building geometry in 3D CAD systems - must be strong at either Pro-e or Autodesk Alias software.
- Proficient in Keyshot visualization software.
- Ability to integrate well with engineering to harmonize user-driven design with technical performance.
- Excellent communication, organization and project management skills.
This position is located in our Holtsville, New York Design Center.